On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 8:52 PM, Christopher Schultz
<ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> Kaushal,
>
> On 1/13/2010 10:07 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

>>> That would be a problem with lambdaprobe rather than with Tomcat.

>>> Use another log viewer utility?
>>
>> Hi Pid,
>>
>> Please suggest any log viewer utility

Hi Chris,

> Any decent web browser will allow you to search within a page for a
> string. Can't you use that feature to search-through catalina.out after
> it's been dumped into a page for you?
>
> Otherwise, download the log file using lambdaprobe to a local file, then
> use a decent text-search program to scan the file for whatever you want.
> UNIX "grep" is a good choice.

It requires me to download the entire file again and again which is in
way over utilizing Internet bandwidth.

for example my search is in the format of grep "somestring"
catalina.out | cut -d "," -f 6,7,8 | grep -i "91987272727" I can do it
very easily when i am connected to the tomcat server but for the end
user without ssh access, it wont be possible.

please suugest/guide

> A better option would be to configure your logger to, say, email all
> exception reports to you. Then, you don't have to go digging through
> your stdout log file looking for them.

Please Suggest me a step by step guide to configure logger to email
all the exceptions in catalina.out file

Thanks  and Regards,

Kaushal