Christopher Schultz-2 wrote:

BindException :
2010-01-13 21:16:07 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
SEVERE: Error starting endpoint
java.net.BindException: Permission denied<null>:80
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint.init(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint.start(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol.start(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.start(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Unknown Source)
2010-01-13 21:16:07 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
SEVERE: Catalina.start:
LifecycleException:  service.getName(): "Catalina";  Protocol handler start
failed: java.net.BindException: Permission denied<null>:80
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.start(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Unknown Source)
2010-01-13 21:16:07 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start

telnet message:
telnet: connect to address 80.85.234.160: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

my goal is to get rid of httpd i would like to use just tomcat as a
webserver.
I do have a memmory limitation so less application in background less
memmory i need