On 14/01/2010 14:36, Carl wrote:
David,

I am such a dufuss... didn't even notice it cycled after it finished a
test. After almost 24 hours, showing no failures. Time to call Dell.

If there's no memory hardware issue, then we're back to software.
You were on linux right? Did you search the OS logs for evidence of an OOM kill?

 cat /var/log/messages | grep --ignore-case "killed process"

----- Original Message ----- From: "David kerber" <dcker...@verizon.net>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:48 AM
Subject: Re: Tomcat dies suddenly (was JVM goes away)

Memtest86, which I believe is the same one Peter suggested (or at
least a variation of it). It just loops continuously until stopped.

Carl wrote:
David,

What do you use for your mem testing?

I am using the memTest suggested by Peter... after six tests, it
still shows all memory is OK. Probably call Dell this morning.

TIA,

Carl

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kerber" <dcker...@verizon.net>