> From: Pid [mailto:p...@pidster.com]
> Subject: Re: Classloader between Web application and system loader
>
> You might get away with adding individual classes to the classloader
> tree, but multiple jars containing the same class is likely to cause
> problems.  In fact, I'm not even sure the former is foolproof.
>
> I don't the classloader hierarchy is designed to handle patching.

Correct, and the whole exercise is somewhat pointless, since the webapp being
"patched" will have to be restarted anyway.  Might as well replace the .war
file (or directory) with the updated one.  Tracking patches should be done by
the webapp build mechanism, not Tomcat.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.