On Sat, 2010-01-16 at 22:36 +0100, André Warnier wrote:
> Rick Bragg wrote:

> >> I had a quick look at the www.cyclos.org website.
> >> I don't know, but maybe their "basic all-in-one" package contains
> >> another Tomcat, which overwrote yours ?
> >>

> > I followed all the instructions for the "standard install" (not
> > stand-alone) then when I re-start tomcat, I can see cyclos in the
> > manager area, but it does not deploy. When I try to "start" it, I get
> > the following error:
> >
> > FAIL - Application at context path /cyclos could not be started
> >
> > and the database remains empty.  And now for some reason there are no
> > log files anywhere!
> >
> If it was working before installing cyclos, and not working anymore
> afterward, basic intuition would suggest that you might want to enquire
> on the cyclos support list about the reason.
> I would otherwise tell you to look in the Tomcat logfiles, but since you
> are saying that there aren't any, I don't think that there is much
> anyone here can tell you.
> Other than the nuclear option of course : de-install cyclos, de-install
> Tomcat, re-install Tomcat, and see if it works again.
> The thing is, people here know a bit about Tomcat, but not much about
> cyclos.

Thanks, I agree.  So frustrating.  Installing cyclos was only copying
some files to the webapps directory...  Tomcat should have never broken
like this.  This is on a production server, thank goodness I don't have
any other systems using Tomcat right?  Makes me really wonder about
using Tomcat/Java in production at all...