On 20/01/2010 01:33, Christopher Nebergall wrote:
I have a Jaas plugin where I'm using basic auth.   It authenticates the user
successfully, and in the jaas plugin I make it so
request.getUserPrincipal().getName() it returns the format of the username I
want shown to the app.  But HttpServletRequest.getRemoteUser always returns
the value of the username in the HTTP AUTHORIZATION header.  How do I modify
what getRemoteUser returns to always match the
request.getUserPrincipal().getName()?

Thanks,
Christopher

Use a servlet Filter and wrap the request in an HttpServletRequestWrapper. Override the appropriate method.