> From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
> Subject: Re: multiple URI
>
> - then in the web.xml of the existing ROOT application, add the
> configuration for the UrlRewriteFilter.

No.  The webapp would be deployed as A or B (implementor choice), and a dummy
webapp consisting only of the rewrite filter deployed as the other one to
forward or redirect to the real webapp.  Don't mess with the ROOT application.

> - now comes the tricky bit of which I am not sure : how do you set up
> your webapp/servlet, so that it will process these /xyz/* URLs, as
> re-directed by the filter, and without itself receiving the requests
> for /xyz directly ?

Do what I suggested above, and you don't have that problem.

> I believe for that you have to set it up somewhere else than under
> /tomcat/webapps, and then tell Tomcat, separately, where to find it.

No; things will work fine under the appBase directory.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.