> On 1/20/2010 4:08 PM, Paul Guglielmino wrote:
>> I'm setting up the server to only listen on an ajp port (8009). If I already
>> have something listening on that port then tomcat starts listening on the
>> next
>> port number (8010). This doesn't happen if the shutdown port is already in
>> use
>> or if I try it with a http connector port that is in use.
>>
>> I don't seem any mention of this behavior in the docs. I do see an autobind
>> option for clustering which will turn on behavior like this but I'm not using
>> clustering.
>
> I don't see any mention of the auto-port-choosing for <Connector>s,
> either. Are you doing this manually?

Hi,
I've tried both setting the port number in the server.xml file and tried
setting it via the cmd line. I have the port in the connector config set as
"${ajp-port}" and set it on the cmd line with -Dajp-port=8009 as an arg to the
java process.

If I have something else listening on 8009 then it just grabs port 8010. I
don't have 8010 set anywhere else in the config. I found this by accident
because I had hudson running on the same server also using port 8009 for its
ajp connection.

Is that what you were asking?

Thanks,
Paul