> From: Eric Pastoor [mailto:epast...@vt.edu]
> Subject: Re: Building a more efficient war file
>
> I was hoping that by changing my webapps to a much smaller
> footprint, it would reduce the strain on the server.

Putting the class files in a common location won't reduce your footprint much,
but it will help a little.  512MB is pretty small, these days.

> I was hoping to simplify that a bit.

What you're doing should work.  Post the stack trace and whatever other
messages from the Tomcat logs that are generated when you deploy and attempt to
access an app.

You should also take a very hard look at your heap usage.  If you're getting
OOMEs, you may just be leaking memory somewhere in your webapp(s).

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.