> From: Chart [mailto:ccha...@hotmail.com]
> Subject: RE: newbie: multiple ports for same tomcat server 5.0
>
> I stated I am using port 8082 from the outside and
> need to use port 80 on the inside.

If your front-end is on the same machine, you will have a port conflict, since
it's already got port 80 assigned.  If the front-end is on a different machine,
you shouldn't have a conflict.  However, if port 8082 is open to the outside
world, is there anything that stops the outside world from using the public IP
address and accessing Tomcat on port 80?

Perhaps your firewall settings are such that you've taken care of that, but
it's not clear.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.