The last piece of the puzzle is what connector is used by default. According
to 6.0.x docs it's BIO: "The default value is HTTP/1.1 and configures the
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol. This is the blocking Java
connector.".

That, together with your helpful & prompt responses allows me to devise a
quick mitigation plan for the vulnerability - i.e. switch to NIO (with the
extra bonus of better performance so what's not to like?)

Thanks so much Pid,
Yosi