> From: hbral [mailto:nro...@web.de]
> Subject: RE: can't call my servlet on Tomcat 6 (Error 404)
>
> i call: /download/file
> and i get the 404 error

What's the entire URL?

Enable the AccessLogValve in server.xml and see if the request is even getting
to Tomcat.

> do you mean the tomcat server.xml?

Indeed, and it looks o.k.

>     <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
>                connectionTimeout="20000"
>                redirectPort="8443" />
>     <Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443" />

Do you have Tomcat front-ended by httpd or some other server?  If so, you'll
need to configure it to pass the desired requests to Tomcat.  If not, you'll
need to use port 8080 on your URL.

> war file: download.war
> path: apache-tomcat-6.0.24\webapps\download

So Tomcat has expanded the download.war file into the download directory?  (It
should; just checking.)

> web.xml:
>   <servlet-mapping>
>     <servlet-name>DLServlet</servlet-name>
>     <url-pattern>/download/file</url-pattern>
>   </servlet-mapping>

Change the <url-pattern> to just /file; the webapp name must not be part of the
pattern.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.