> From: Lonnie Lewis [mailto:lonnie.le...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Trouble accessing application resources from default web app
>
> However I would like it to be my default application so I've edited the
> ROOT.xml file as:
> <Context docBase="${catalina.home}/server/webapps/LifeSim" />

That's a bit of a risky deployment, and it won't work in Tomcat versions beyond
5.5 (there is no server directory in newer versions).  You should rename the
LifeSim directory (or .war file) to ROOT, and put it under the <Host>'s appBase
directory (usually ${catalina.home}/webapps).  Alternatively, remove any
existing ROOT directory or .war file from the <Host> appBase directory, and
place the LifeSim directory outside of Tomcat's directory structure, changing
the ROOT.xml docBase attribute appropriately.

> src="${request.contextPath}/js/default.js"></script>

After fixing the webapp config, try just removing the ${request.contextPath}
from the above, leaving the leading slash.

> I've tried supplying a "path" in the Context specification

That's not allowed unless the <Context> element is in server.xml, which is
strongly discouraged.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.