> From: Richard Sickler [mailto:richard.sick...@avagotech.com]
> Subject: Problem on Tomcat 6.0.20
>
> when I copy the war, (WebApplication2.war) to
> c:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps
> on my Windows Server 2008 machine, and rename it to ROOT.war

Unless Tomcat is stopped, this is not good practice.  You first make then
webapp visible to Tomcat as WebApplication2, then make that disappear and
materialize the ROOT webapp.  Better to do the renaming as part of the copy to
avoid confusing the container or make sure Tomcat is not running.

> Feb 1, 2010 6:33:14 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
> resourcesStart
> SEVERE: Error starting static Resources
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document base
> C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\
> Tomcat 6.0\webapps\WebApplication2 does not exist
> or is not a readable directory

You may well have a WebApplication2.xml file in the conf/Catalina/[host]
directory, left over from a previous deployment attempt.  Check for that and
delete it.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.