To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 11:12 AM
Subject: Tomcat 6.0.24 and Windows x64

Good morning,
I've already searched inside the preFAQs for my issue and didn't find anything.

By the way, the page:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Windows
that seems to be useful for my isssue, returns a 'Internal server error'.

I should migrate my Tomcat 6 environment from a 32bit to a 64bit Windows OS (Windows Server3003 Enterprise x64), use it as a service and use its native libs.
After installing the 64bit JVM, i downloaded the zip file:

http://archive.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0.24/bin/apache-tomcat-6.0.24-windows-x64.zip

an unzipped it.
Neither the tomcat6.exe nor the tomcat6w.exe file runs.
I found somewhere several, more or less reliable workarounds to let it run, but I'd like to know if there is a standardized way to install Tomcat6 on a 64bit OS as a service and use the native libs.
I would be useful a Windows installer, like for the 32bit version.

Thanks in advance
Domenico Marzilli