Thank you,

I guess session is created since a user could change preferred
language..  In a portal is basic stuff. Then you need session since page
one. We write JSR168 portlets on top of the Liferay portal ..

It's really an useful feature.

Thanks for your time, we look forward for tomcat 7 I guess a beta will
be released soon.

Marian