Hello,

we are currently running a Tomcat 5.0.28 on Java 1.5.0.11 with a MaxThreads
Configuration of 500 threads.
This server is very sensitive to (kind of) denial of service attacks and we
would like to improve stability in case of thousands of client requests.

server.xml extract of connector:
<Connector port="16302"
        enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100" debug="0"
        connectionTimeout="20000"
disableUploadTimeout="true" />

At the moment we are not able to modifiy something on network level
and it seems that Tomcat never recovers if the maxThreads are exceeded one
time ...

Therefore the question, how could we modify Tomcat to improve stability?

Regards, Stefan