On 16/02/2010 21:35, Ashish Kulkarni wrote:
> Hi
> I use tomcat 5.5.28 for my development in eclipse, when ever i change any
> class it restarts my tomcat and i loose my session, so i have to go through
> login process to get the session.
> Is it possible to save this session across restarts, it would be great and
> save me a lot of time in development

Tomcat does this by default.

> I was reading about manager in tomcat, but did not figure out how to do it,
> is there any document or example of configuring this manager,
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/manager.html

That is the documentation.

> I have configure tomcat so i can start and stop from eclipse

You need to figure out where Eclipse has disabled session persistence
and change it back. That would be a question for the Eclipse forums.
Things like this and never being quite sure which configuration files
Eclipse is using is why I always use an external Tomcat instance rather
than one provided by Eclipse.

Mark