I've observed the hard disk light flickering when this happens but I don't know if you want to spend the night camping in the server room watching for this.
--
Len

On 2010-02-22, at 13:29, klin...@poczta.fm wrote:

Hello,

My webservice (using axis 1.1)is deployed on tomcat 5.5.28. Tomcat runs on AIX and IBM Java 1.5 SR9. The problem is that every first request after a longer idle (like a day) is served very slow. There's no performance problem with next requests. It looks quite similar to first request after tomcat restart yet there's no restart here. It's very difficult to spot the problem since most of the time everything runs fine and I have like one chance a day to test some new options.

Any ideas about that ?
Thanks in advance, Kate