dBenjamin wrote:
Can you please suggest how to scan the port and check the port is used by
other application.

On what kind of system are you ?

Anyway, shut down Tomcat, then use the "netstat" command.
Depending on the system on which you are, there are options to this command. Choose one that will show you either the process-id, or the name of the program which owns the sockets. Look for ports (on the "local" side) which have "LISTEN" around the end of the line. That should tell you the programs, apart from Tomcat, which are listening on various ports.
Then turn on Tomcat, and enter the same command again.
The differences between the first and second result should tell you which port Tomcat is listening on.

I am using socket programming to check the port this is right?
I do not understand this question. Explain what you are trying to do.