Konstantin Kolinko wrote:

>>  Is there anything else I could check out?  I cannot find any
>> clue of what I did wrong.
>> File.mkdir()

> Try with File.mkdirs()

  Thanks.  But the parent dir does exists and yes, I've tried that without
success ;-)

> Note, that catalina.policy is only used when you are running with a
> SecurityManager enabled. (Many people run without it).

  Yes.  But it is enabled (this is a virtual box with the Tomcat fro the APT
system on a Ubuntu server, which will be at the end of the day in production).

  I will try to use strace(1) to get more infos.  I suspect that's a permission
issue.  Is there a simple way to disable the security manager in order to be
sure this is such an issue?

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges