On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 9:22 PM, Gurkan Erdogdu <cgurkanerdo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder whether you have looked at
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/index.html or not
>
> 2010/3/3 Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshri...@gmail.com>

>> > *without stopping Tomcat*
>> >
>> > upload an inactive version "webapp.war-off"

>> > Which is what is explained - among other useful things like autoDeploy -
>> in
>> > the section "Deploying on a running Tomcat server".

>> Hi,
>>
>> is it possible to restart tomcat using ant ? I googled and found out
>> that its possible using build.xml file.
>> Any example ?
>>
>> Thanks and Regards,
>>
>> Kaushal

> --
> Gurkan Erdogdu
> http://gurkanerdogdu.blogspot.com

Hi,

We face issues whenever we deploy application using tomcat manager we
used to face the situation where new
changes were not reflected. On stopping, cleaning work folder and
starting tomcat again application used to get deployed properly. But
to restart and clean we need to ssh again on the machine where we want
to deploy defeating our main purpose.

Also one more issue we have faced is we are not able to locate the new
war file where Tomcat manager has deployed it

We need to have a tool that does the following on specified remote hosts

1. stop the tomcat
2. back up the existing war
3. remove existing wars and folders and copy the new war
4. start the tomcat again

Are the above steps possible using ant or is there a better and
efficient way to do it ?

Thanks and Regards,

Kaushal