One Tomcat "instance" = one process = one service.

But you can create two or more copies of Tomcat.  They can be the same or
different versions.  If you want, they can share binaries and just have
different working, config and webapps directories.  You can register each of
them as a service, and start or stop each of them independently.

Is this what you want to do?  If not, please tell us more about what you
mean by "working on the same tomcat instance".

- Peter