> From: Mats Eklund [mailto:mats.ekl...@yahoo.com]
> Subject: Native mode...
>
> I'm running a webapp on Tomcat 5.5 on Windows Server 2003 and find
> statements in the log saying that the server could run faster if native
> libraries were installed.

The performance difference between using APR and the pure Java connectors
depends largely on what you're doing.  If you have a lot of SSL traffic, APR
will help; if you're not using SSL, you likely won't be able to tell the
difference, and can stick with the pure Java mode.

> How can I install these libraries?

Just put the tcnative-1.dll into Tomcat's bin directory.  The DLL is available
here:
http://apache.mirrors.timporter.net/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/1.1.20/binaries/win32
http://apache.mirrors.timporter.net/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/1.1.20/binaries/win64/x64

Choose the appropriate one for your platform.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.