On 12/03/2010 14:06, Rob G wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> My setup:
> Windows Server 2003 SP2
> Single instance of Apache HTTP Server 2.2.15 (C:\Apache)
> Two instances of Apache Tomcat 6.0.24  in load balancing mode
> (C:\tomcat1 and C:\tomcat2)
> JK 1.2.30 used to connect the Apache front end to the two tomcat instances
>
> I've trying to configure the tomcat instances so that the manager
> webapp can only be access via browser on the Windows Server (i.e.
> 127.0.0.1).
> I've RTFM, STFW and nothing seems to work.
>
> I believe the process below is correct but it doesn't work. Can anyone
> see where I'm going wrong?
>
> 1) I've edited the following file:
> C:\tomcat1\webapps\manager\META-INF\context.xml.
That won't have any effect.

> I've also tried adding the text below to
> C:\tomcat1\conf\Catalina\localhost\manager.xml
That is the one you need to edit.

> <Context path="/manager" docBase="C:\tomcat1\webapps\manager"
Remove the docBase attribute, it is invalid.

>         debug="0" privileged="true">
>  <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve"
> allow="127\.0\.0\.1"/>
That looks OK to me.

> <!-- Link to the user database we will get roles from -->
>   <ResourceLink name="users" global="UserDatabase"
> type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"/>
That shouldn't be required.

> </Context>
>
> But no joy.
Did you restart after changing this file.

This works for me and to the best of my recollection, there haven't been
any changes to this code for a while. Checking svn shows they haven't
changed in over 3 years.

I'm also assuming your tests are bypassing httpd/mod_jk.

Mark