I've been trying for so long to get directory listing in Tomcat 5.5 to work
for my website and I still can't get it to work. Magically, at one point it
worked somewhat for directories with jpgs, css, js, etc files, but not
directories with video files such as mkv, avi, etc.

I've followed numerous sites instructing how to edit the web.xml in order to
get directory listings to work and still nothing works.

I'm developing in Eclipse, and running my web application, call it MyWebsite
for simplicity, on a Tomcat 5.5 server.

Here's one site I tried following to edit the web.xml:

http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Miscellaneous#Q12

So I start up the server and run my website/webapp on it via:

http://localhost:8080/MyWebsite

This works just fine, but whenever I do:

http://localhost:8080/MyWebsite/images

This doesn't work, and yes there is an images directory in my web root which
in eclipse is MyWebsite/WebContent. So the images directory is in
MyWebsite/WebContent/images. This has become beyond frustrating and I really
need some help with this please.

I've also tried following the instructions at these sites:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/default-servlet.html
http://linux-sxs.org/internet_serving/c581.html
http://wso2.org/blog/sumedha/1096
http://www.karakas-online.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9784

They're all relatively the same but nothing I do works! Please help!!

Thanks,
-Brad