I can't remember the errors, but I had a hard time trying to setup Oracle on
Tomcat 6. My config looks something like this.  The URL is basically the TNS
Names entry with the whitespace removed.  The nice this is that its RAC
aware, and handles failing over to other nodes in the RAC nicely.

<Resource name="jdbc/atl_cluster" auth="Container"
        type="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource"
        driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
        factory="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSourceFactory"

url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=node1)(PORT
=1521))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=node2)(PORT=1521))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP
)(HOST=node3)(PORT=1521))(LOAD_BALANCE=no)(FAILOVER=yes)(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVE
R=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=ATLCLUSTER.WORLD)))"
        user="userName"
        password="password"
        maxActive="20"
        maxIdle="10"