I'm using apache-tomcat-6.0.20 with JASPER 2....

I need to compile a web project (Eclipse WAR application) which is JSP to
JAVA source files.

I'm successfully generating JAVA files from JSP files (Used JASPER 2), but
now i need to get mapping from JSP lines to JAVA lines.
I tried using SMAP feature which available in JASPER 2, but i can't
configure it correctly.

There are two questions i need to ask,

1) Will generating SMAP files will help me to map JSP lines to generated
JAVA lines?

2) How to do this?

JASPER how to doc says - The servlet which implements Jasper is configured
using init parameters in your global $CATALINA_BASE/conf/web.xml.

I edited that web.xml with following code - (used dumpSmap & suppressSmap)

<servlet>
        <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>suppressSmap</param-name>
            <param-value>false</param-value>
        </init-param>