On 24/03/2010 15:56, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: Pid [mailto:p...@pidster.com]
Subject: Re: Connecting to a Database

If you define the datasource as a global resource, you can define the
Realm in server.xml (before or inside the Host), but then you need a
resource link in the context.xml to make the global resource available
to the app.

Are you sure about that?  The<ResourceLink>  is necessary when the app is accessing
the data source, but in this case, it's not the app, it's Tomcat, doing the authentication
lookups.  I don't think the<ResourceLink>  is necessary, but the rest is definitely
needed.

Yes, I meant that if the OP needed the data source in the application for some other purpose that a resource link would be required. Probably could have been phrased better.

  - Chuck

attachments from all computers.