Hi,

I have REST based web services some of which use the PUT method. The PUT method
can contain a request body. The web service works fine with Websphere and is
out in the field.

We are in the process of migrating to tomcat and I noticed that my web service
which uses PUT is not able to get the request body anymore. I use
HttpServletRequest's getInputStream and it always returns null. I did look at
the forum topic "http://markmail.org/message/dxgvu6fhcvp22xbo"; and I was
wondering if there is a workaround I can use to get past this problem. Changing
the method to POST will affect customers in the field and also breaks RESTful
principles.

Thanks