I am confusing...

I have a JSP application and tomcat 5.5.

my goal it to implement a login for this application with this mandatory rules:

- Check type of password (more that 8 char, special char,...)
- Ask new password every month (from the web site)
- Block the user after 3 failed login
- Block inactive user (ex after 90 days)

and not Mandatory:
- Single-Sing-On for some users
- Add/modify/delete user from web site
- Get more roles at an user (my Java code is ready for a JDBCRealm
login) * read/modify pages and objects

The user must can connect from more pc, the finally application is in
a Windows 2003 server.
I don't know if I can use active directory (create a new active
directory only for this application = install a new server), or others
things...
I don't know if I need to implement this in java, or a existing
solution is ready...

I don't have a lot of knowledge in active directory, tomcat, NTLM or
Kerberos, ....

I need to be sure to choise the good solution for all point of my goal
while I can't spent a lot of time, and I can't change my solution
later...

can you give me more informations, please? I don't have enough
knowledge to choise the the simplest and best solution now...

thank you

Stéphanie