Christopher Schultz wrote:

I tried looking to see if httpd could (from the command-line) dump out
the effective httpd.conf that was being used (I use Debian-packaged
Apache httpd 2.2 which uses a bunch of "Include" directives including
ones like "Include some_dir/*.conf", and other files that I expect to be
picked-up by those Include directives are /clearly/ working), but I
wasn't able to find such a debugging option.

Any suggestions?

Feel like trying this ?

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache2/Directive.html

The 7th line in the Synopsis seems like what you want.

Under Debian, installing mod_perl should be as easy as
apt-get install libapache2-mod-perl2

Then we'll see. I might even find some time to try this out, tomorrow (CET).