On 01/04/2010 18:39, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: David Calavera [mailto:david.calav...@gmail.com]
Subject: Where is org.apache.catalina.startup.Tomcat in the 6.0.x
branch??

I've been using a custom version of Tomcat 6.0.18 that
included that class but I can't find any extra jar that
contained it for 6.0.x version and I'd like to migrate
to 6.0.26 and continuing using it.

Let's look at the comments in the source:

  * Minimal tomcat starter for embedding/unit tests.
  *
  * This class provides a main() and few simple CLI arguments,
  * see setters for doc. It can be used for simple tests and
  * demo.

Doesn't look like it will ever be part of any real Tomcat distribution; trunk
appears to be the only place to get it.

It will be included in Tomcat 7. There are no plans to back-port it to Tomcat 6. From what I recall from doing this for an internal Tomcat fork at work, it required some API changes that would be a no-no for 6.0.x.

Mark