Chuck,

Without asserting that Wicket's is NOT breaking an RFC, I would appreciate a
clarification on which RFC do you think the framework (or the app) is
breaking?

HttpServletResponse.sendRedirect allows relative URLs explicitly. From 1.4
EE Javadoc:
"Sends a temporary redirect response to the client using the specified
redirect location URL. This method can accept relative URLs; the servlet
container must convert the relative URL to an absolute URL before sending
the response to the client. If the location is relative without a leading
'/' the container interprets it as relative to the current request URI."

So, if the current URI is "http://localhost/app/page"; and sendRedirect
method arg is "../../app/page.0" what does that violate? The arg is a
relative URL that "container must convert to an absolute URL", no?

And, yes, the *result* of that conversion must be an absolute URL as
specified by: