From: Pid <p...@pidster.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 13:43:42
To: Tomcat Users List<users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Tomcat scalability setting - need help please

On 09/04/2010 13:08, cinl...@gmail.com wrote:
> I think I'll stick with web apps for now :)

In that case you might consider the following:

1. client requests massive dataset
2. webapp returns a "processing started" message, starts job in new thread
3. data processing completes and a static file is generated

AND

4. a notification is sent to the client stating that the data is ready
for download
5. client downloads static file, file is deleted

OR

4. file is emailed to client