i had to install my ca root certs in a keystore specificed/referenced by the
"truststorefile" parameter
  NOT the keystorefile parm

________________________________
From: /U <uma...@comcast.net>
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Sent: Sat, April 10, 2010 10:07:47 AM
Subject: Re: Installing certificate chain on Tomat

hello Pid,

am i right in assuming that the identity certificate+private key is
installed
in  keystoreFile of the SSL connector (C:\keystore below) and the CA
certificate chain is installed in jre/lib/security/cacerts?

     <Connector port="443"
               protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
               keystoreFile="C:\keystore" keystorePass="changeit"
     />

any assistance appreciated,

/U