over the last four days deployment continues to fail of my simple war that I
set up to get to familiar with jsf.

First I will stress that I am using windows 7 and the problem occurs withboth
majorra and myFaces version 1.2 andboth tomcat 6.0.2 and 6.026
my war ir correctly laid out and contains the libs and classes in the WEB-INF
folder.

my web.xml is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee";
    http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd";
         version="2.5">
    <servlet>

        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>
    <!-- Faces Servlet Mapping -->
    <servlet-mapping>
        <url-pattern>/faces/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>
 as you can see, my facess servlet should be activated on any request to file
located in my faces folder inside my web folder.

index.jsp forwards a request to welcome.jsp and this is where deployment fails
because the minute I remove the url pattern for /faces/*
then deployment succeeds. Deployment fails with a 404 and no jsps or html are
located in Web-INF meaning that all should be directly accesable.

/It would be easy to assume that I am not packaging my war incorrectly, but
when I use same packaging and other jars unrelated to jsf like jstl then app
find these jars as needed. Perhaps I am using incorrect jsf jars. Could anyone
mail me a copy of  jsf lib that they are using and have found to work in above
mentioned containers and possibly point out any obvious errors that I am making?