Hi,

I'm using Tomcat 6.0.26 on Mac 10.6.3.  Currently, in my $CATALINA_HOME/logs
directory, Tomcat produces a localhost*log file with the date in the file
name for each day, for example -- localhost.2010-04-19.  Is there a way to
get Tomcat to generate simply "localhost.log" for whatever day today is?  If
not, does anyone know a shell short cut where I can just type in something
like "vim ~/localhost.log" and see the most current log without having to
specify today's date?

Thanks, - Dave