The + in that listing is saying that server.xml.orig has some extra
permissions that server.xml hasn't.

Windows permissions are not the same as Cygwin permissions.  Use Windows
tools to inspect the permissions on both files, and use Windows tools to fix
the permissions on server.xml.  Also, get used to using Windows tools to
create files ;-).

- Peter