2010/4/21 Luís de Sousa <luis.a.de.so...@gmail.com>:
> Dear all,
>
> Tomcat 6.0.20 on Ubuntu 9.10. I can't login to the manager pages
> (http://localhost:8080/manager/html). I set a new user and a few roles
> in the /etc/tomcat6/tomcat-users.xml file, restarted Tomcat but can't
> possibly login.
>

> /etc/tomcat6/tomcat-users.xml

I do not have Ubuntu to reproduce it, but it is possible that that
file is not the one that is actually used.  The file that is used in
the default configuration is ${catalina.base}/conf/tomcat-users.xml
-- you can see how "org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase" resource is
declared in server.xml.

The contents of the file looks OK for me, and you said that you did
not forget to restart Tomcat.  Maybe there are some error messages in
the logs?

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko