Hello all,
I am not entirely sure this is the correct list to post mod_jk questions
however the link from mod_jk did point to the the tomcat users list.

I am running a debian lenny box with:

Apache2 Version: 2.2.9-10+lenny2
Tomcat6 Version: 6.0.24-4
mod_jk    Version: 1:1.2.28-2

I am able to get everything working in that I can forward all requests to
Tomcat through apache.
I am attempting to use JkUnMount but when I add that to my config Apache
will not start with the following error:

Starting web server: apache2Syntax error on line 12 of
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default:
*JkUnMount needs a path when not defined in a location*
*Action 'start' failed.*
*The Apache error log may have more information.*
* failed!*

The logs do not even get created.
I have searched google for this error to no avail.
The README.gzip does mention JkUnMount so I believe this deb package does
support this feature.

>From what I understand from the docs I can set up mod_jk to allow apache to
serve up all static content *out* of $CATALINA_HOME/webapps and allow Tomcat
to serve up the rest (servlets and jsps)
Do I understand correctly?

Here is s snippet of my config(000-default)[the debian way]:
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerAdmin webmas...@localhost
# DocumentRoot /var/www
DocumentRoot /apps/apache2/www
#******************mod_jk_directives****************************
JkAutoAlias /var/lib/tomcat6/webapps
JkMount / ajp13_worker
JkMount /* ajp13_worker
JkUnMount /*.html

# Some other things I have tried (commented out).
# <Directory "/var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/test/">
# Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
# AllowOverride None
# Order allow,deny
# Allow from all
# </Directory>
# Alias /test/ "/var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/test/"
# <DirectoryMatch "/var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/*/WEB-INF/*">
# AllowOverride None
# Order allow,deny
# Deny from all
# </DirectoryMatch>
# JkMount /* ajp13_worker
# JkMount /test/* ajp13_worker
# JkUnMount /*.html
#       End mod_jk
<Directory /apps/apache2/www>
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
</Directory>
<Directory /apps/apache2/www/>
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Here is a snippet from the mod_jk page

  # Static files in the examples webapp are served by apache
  Alias /examples /vat/tomcat3/webapps/examples
  # All requests go to worker1 by default
  JkMount /* worker1
  # Serve html, jpg and gif using httpd
  JkUnMount /*.html worker1