On 4/29/2010 1:05 PM, Gregor Schneider wrote:
Karthik,

AFAIK there is no study telling the likeliness of any web- /
application-server to crash.

If there wer such a study, you'd have to specify a 'lot' of possible
crash-scenarioes - startung at misbehaviour of admins, ddos, bad
webapps etc.

Make sure you have some solutions ready in case of DDoS, see that your
OS is stable and on a current patchlevel and scrutinize  the software
you're installing into Tomcat (aka Webapps) thoroughly - that's about
it.

If I did not understand your question correctly, you might want to rephrase it.

+1. I don't know how to crash tomcat intentionally once it has started successfully, except for deleting or renaming files and folders it needs to run, which would require direct access to the server. If there were a reliable way of crashing it remotely, I'm sure the developers would like to know, so it could be fixed...