Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
2010/4/29 Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>:
I was just looking on the TC site to see what minimum Java version is
required for TC 6. I just assumed that it would be there because,
whenever that question is asked on the list, a snippy response usually
follows it.

I know of the following places where it is written:

1. README.html,
that is linked from the Download page, and that is also displayed when
you browse the download area,
http://tomcat.apache.org/download-60.cgi
-> "Please see the README"

2. RELEASE-NOTES.txt
that is linked from many places, including the above mentioned README,
the documentation, and also included in every download bundle.

3. RUNNING.txt
that is included into distributions as well.

Anything else is needed?

Suggestion : in the little table at the top of the "which version?" page, add a column with the minimum Java version required.

That seems to me the most "natural" place.
Putting it in a file which you get only after you have downloaded Tomcat seems to me .. unfair.