Hi.

First of all, I get all the messages posted to the list, so you do not need to send me a copy as a "cc", because that makes me get every message twice. Thanks.

Next, do not change too many things at a time, that just confuses things for now. So let's stick to the JkMount syntax for now.

The log that you sent shows what happens when you restart Apache : the initialisation of mod_jk etc..

It also seems that the log lines are all truncated to some length, ending up in a "$" sign. Is that something to do with your email program ?
Example :
> uri_worker_map_add::jk_uri_worker_map.c (720): wildchar rule
> '/examples/*=tomcat1' source 'JkMou$

The last part of that line should at least have 'JkMount' complete.

Anyway, it means that apparently the JkMount directives are being read and understood,somewhere.

What puzzles me is this part, at the end of the log :

> [Mon May 03 02:27:18 2010] [3389:4042901264] [debug] jk_translate::mod_jk.c
> (3419): missing uri map for Js-Server-Ubuntu.gateway.2wire.net:/examples/
> [Mon May 03 02:27:18 2010] [3389:4042901264] [debug]
> jk_map_to_storage::mod_jk.c (3579): missing uri map for
> Js-Server-Ubuntu.gateway.2wire.net:/exam$

Where does this "Js-Server-Ubuntu.gateway.2wire.net" come from ?

You have not answered my question about VirtualHost's in Apache.
I have a suspicion that this is where your problems come from.
Re-read the end of my previous post.

What it looks like to me, is that you have an Apache configuration using VirtualHost sections, and that the JkMount's are not in that VirtualHost section, nor are you using JkMountCopy.

Basically and roughly what it means, is that the VirtualHost does have the mod_jk module loaded and active, but it does not know about your
JkMount /examples
directives.
So it gets the request from Apache and looks at the URL, but does not recognise it as something it should handle. So it gives it back to Apache and tells it "not for me, do it yourself".

Do you understand what VirtualHost means, and where this is configured under Ubuntu ? Hava look at the httpd.conf for "Include" directives naming stuff like "vhosts.d" or "sites-enabled".