On 02/05/2010 20:35, Dave Filchak wrote:
> Due to a hard drive failure, I am needing to move some websites to a
> machine that has Tomcat already running on it with Apache as the front
> end. I was unable to get the sites working using the Apache instance
> that was already there so, I installed a second instance on the machine,
> with a separate pid and listening on a different ip. ( it would have
> been better to just use the same Apache instance but I could not get it
> to work. The default Tomcat page kept coming up) I added the address
> attribute to the server.xml files so that it would not listen on all
> interfaces. So, I have the new instance sort of working but for some
> reason, on all but two virtual sites, I cannot access them if I use
> www.somedomain.com. Only if I use somedomain.com. As I said, two of the
> sites work fine. The dns resolves correctly to either www.somedomain.com
> or somedomain.com. So, can tomcat or could tomcat be screwing this up
> somehow (actually, I guess it would have been me who screwed it up
> somewhere). I am not well versed in tomcat at this point so some help
> would be greatly appreciated. Either just to solve this issue or help on
> how I could have simply used the original instance to server my
> non-tomcat php sites.

Tomcat, HTTPD, JVM, OS exact versions please.

What are you using to connect HTTPD and Tomcat, mod_jk or mod_proxy?

Please also post some config information, with comments and passwords
removed. workers.properties (for mod_jk) or your mod_proxy config,
server.xml and any applicable context.xml definitions.