On 04/05/2010 10:32, André Warnier wrote:
> Petr Hracek wrote:
>> If I understand right then sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection is
>> not part of any class, right / is obsolete?
>>
>> Or is there any other class?
>>
>> Sorry for that stupid question but I do not understand. Code has been
>> really
>> adopted.
>>
> Petr,
>
> I think what they are telling you is :
> - this is a forum for help with Tomcat and Tomcat code, and the
> expertise of people here is with Tomcat
> - the error that you show, is an error that happens within an
> application running under Tomcat, but it is not code that belongs to
> Tomcat, or which uses the Tomcat libraries
> - nobody here knows that code, so nobody here can really help you with
> it, or answer your questions about it.  You need to find where that code
> comes from, and ask them for help.
>
> It is not that people here do not want to help, it is that they cannot
> help.

Using a sun.net... class is generally inadvisable.

You probably want the application to use the java.net.HttpURLConnection
class instead - it might be an artefact of an auto-import by an IDE.

On the other hand the author may, for some reason, be using that class
for a specific reason, however unwise it may be.

Disclaimer: I am guessing; you will definitely have to talk to the
authors to find out.