--- On Wed, 5/5/10, Srinivasa Rao.Kandula <srinivas_j...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>     I need help implementing a Custom Login
> module for a web application which will run on Tomcat 6.X. I
> need to access ServletRequest/HttpSession in side the login
> module to access an attribute from the HttpSession.
> Basically I'm supposed to use form-based authentication for
> the web application and the login module/relam should use an
> attribute from the HttpSession which was already created for
> the current user session(browser session).Any help will be
> much appreciated.
>
>  Regards,
> Srinivas.

Book: Head First Servlets and JSP by Bryan Basham, Kathy Sierra, and Bert Bates
published by O'Reilly.

Reference is for the first edition which covers the Servlet 2.4 spec.

See Chapter 12, page 617 for a detailed explanation along with code samples,
exercises, and a mock exam.

Google: java form-based authentication

This will turn up the Sun (now Oracle) tutorial, and an O'Reilly article on
onjava.com complete with source code.

/mde/