On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Pid <p...@pidster.com> wrote:

> So you've got a mix of ownerships there.
>
> You installed Tomcat as 'root', but are now running it as 'tomcat6'?
> Make sure the whole tomcat installation is owned by the tomcat6 user, if
> that's what you're using to start Tomcat.

Ok, I don't have such user in my system. I installed Tomcat with the
good old "sudo apt-get install", all configs where made automatically
by synaptic (or whomever).

> N.B. Starting Tomcat under the root user is bad.

That's exactly what I'm doing. Can you please suggest how should I set
permissions on Tomcat's files? Create the tomcat user or assign it to
mine? Is there a guide I could follow?

> You can delete the default_root directory that Martin suggested you
> create, and also the matching xml file above, which will stop the error.

Ok. Thanks for your patience.

Luís