I just confirmed this myself 30 seconds before I received this :) After
comparing the AccessLogValve and FastCommonAccessLogValve sources between
5.5 and 6.0 it appears my colleague is correct; in 6.0 the additional
fields and methods of the Fast valve have been moved into the regular
AccessLogValve. That's good news.

Peter Ford, Senior Java EE Developer
Contractor, NexGen Technologies, Inc.
National Applications, OC-310
Division of IRM Support Services
National Operations Center, BLM
Office - 303-236-2261
Fax - 303-236-6691

Confidentiality Notice:  This electronic communications is intended only
for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) to which it is addressed
and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt
from disclosure under applicable law.  If you have received this
communication in error, please do not distribute, delete the original
message, and notify the sender.