> From: Konstantin Kolinko [mailto:knst.koli...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat JULI resets JDK logging? Tomcat 6.0.26
>
> I think using <Loader> won't work, because that configures a
> WebappLoader, and the discussed property is in WebappClassLoader.

Yes, I was expecting code in WebappLoader to propagate the setting to the
associated WebappClassLoader, as is done with the delegate attribute - but the
propagation code was never implemented.

> You can access WebappClassLoader
> a) by calling WebappLoader.getClassLoader()
> b) by calling Thread.getContextClassLoader() in any place of your web
> application, e.g. in a Listener
>
> I think b) would be easier.

Once the reference to the WebappClassLoader object is found, you'll need to
call setClearReferencesLogFactoryRelease(false) to get the behavior you think
you want.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.